Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Ban Appeal] banned forever for using the word "deary"
Hi folks,

I regularly play on your server as it is just about the only British conquest server that I find bareable and is regularly active.

That said, recently I have came into a lot of trouble with your automated kicking system. Whilst I completely understand the desire to maintain a level of respect within the Dirty Heroes community and its servers, the automated system naturally has no idea of context or the severity of words.

Admittedly in the past I have used bad language on the server chat, never to abuse other players, but instead at annoyances in the game as in "this game fucking annoys me sometimes" - the sort of venting that, yes, is probably unnecessary, but helps me feel at least a little bit better. So when the new system came in, this took a bit of getting used to and in my forgetfulness I ended up being kicked on a few occasions. I considered complaining at this point - after one occasion in particular wherein I ironically got kicked for saying "this new swearing system is idiotic". However, I bit my tongue, of course until now.

I've just been playing on the Dirty Heroes #1 server on Siege of Shanghai, when I saw someone in the chat had typed something along the lines of "is this an ISIS server?" for whatever reason. So, for whatever reason, I replied "no deary". That was literally it - deary as in the term of affection deriving itself from "dear". You can see that I am not exaggerating this if you look at chat logs and the likes of that - that was simply it.

And then instantly the game shut off, and I was greeted with the Error message "Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: You liamw999 were banned for repeatedly being abuse towards others" on the Battlelog page - I've been permanently banned. Its quite funny in a way but I just want to still be able to play on this server.

I assume this happened as a result of my previous kicks adding up and once it gets to a certain point you are given no more chances, but I am sure we can all agree that this is hardly a fair ban.

Thanks for reading this-
liamw999 Smile
Hello there.
The Server admin is away on holiday atm. but im sure he will go through it with you when hes back Smile.
Coming on our teamspeak can sort the issue abit faster.

Thanks
Pascoe
Pascoe Wrote:Hello there.
The Server admin is away on holiday atm. but im sure he will go through it with you when hes back Smile.
Coming on our teamspeak can sort the issue abit faster.

Thanks
Pascoe

Thanks very much for the reply, there's no rush! Smile
I will go ahead an remove the ban for you in Greeny's absence...

Please do reply here if you find that you are still banned.

Goat.
Cheers for sorting that mike Smile
Thank you for your help folks Smile